Saturday, August 7, 2010

Healthy Coffee Frapp-Smoothie


When I want a yummy, creamy, coffee drink, I throw this into the blender and enjoy the sweet coffee goodness instead of paying $$ for the unhealthy alternative. I purchase a good organic decaf instant coffee just for this recipe… they can be expensive, but you only use a small amount in the smoothie. I freeze all our over-ripe bananas to use in smoothies, which means that I have to buy quite a few bunches of bananas each week. To freeze bananas, peel the bananas, break them in half, then drop them into a freezer bag and store in the freezer until you are ready to use them.

2-3 medium frozen bananas
1 3/4 cups water
1-2 teaspoons of instant decaf coffee
1 dropper liquid vanilla stevia
Your choice of either 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder or a small handful of raw cashews
4-8 ice cubes (more ice if you opt for fewer bananas)
Blend Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment